|We present a few exemplary itineraries
on this site, they can be changed and adjusted according to the season or
your own personal wishes. You are free to decide on the way you travel,
the number of days you want to travel and the number of people participating.
The following are included in the price:
• Transfer to and from the airport of Bamako
• All transport mentioned in the programs (car, 4wheel-drive, canoe,
possible public transport) with driver and fuel included
• An experienced guide during the whole trip
• Local guides as support and a porter in Dogonland
• All meals mentioned in the program and accompanying drinks
• All tourist taxes and costs for excursions and visits
Not included are:
• Flights to and from Mali
• Passport and visa fees
• Travel and cancellation insurance
• Any meals not mentioned in the programmes
• Any drinks outside meals
• Personal spending
• Medical costs
The price per person decreases when the number of participants per travel
increases. A holiday is cheaper for two people than for one, cheaper for
four than for two. Please contact us for the most up to date prices.
Every trip is made with a car that stays at your
own disposal during the whole of your trip. This gives you a lot
What is the ideal time to travel to Mali?
You can read below that every season has its own characteristics.
Rainy season: from end of June till October
• Ideal period for a trip on a riverboat, from Mopti to Timbuktu
• The green landscape
• Heavy rains: you can feel the power of nature
• Travelling is possible in rainy season: it seldom rains the whole
day and it does not rain every day (and there is less dust!)
• The harvest at the end of the season
Bamako – min: 21° tot 22°
C, max: 31° tot 34.5° C
Timboektoe – min: 22° tot 26° C, max: 36.5° tot 38.5°
Cold season: from November till February
• Pleasant climate: warm days with cooler moments and cool nights
Bamako – min: 16° tot 19.5° C,
max: 33° tot 36° C
Timboektoe – min: 12.5° tot 17° C, max: 29.5° tot 34.5°C
Warm season: from March till June
• Very hot and very dry climate: not ideal for travelling
• Period of the harmattan: the desert wind
Bamako – min: 22.5° tot 25.5° C,
max: 35° tot 39.5°C
Timboektoe – min: 18.5° tot 27.5° C, max: 36.5° tot
There are no fixed departure dates; you decide when you want to depart.
We advise you to choose a date that allows you to arrive in Djenne on
a Monday, because of the weekly market day. For example, following the
proposed itineraries, when you arrive in Bamako on a Thursday evening,
the trips begins on a Friday and brings you to Djenne on a Monday morning.
We choose to work with more modest hotels
because this is the best way to get in contact with the local people and
you will have a better experience of Mali.
Getting to know African habits takes a central place
in our travelling: you learn about them, live and experience them:
how do family and social structures work, what do you eat in Mali, how
do you grow and eat millet, how do you prepare t?, how do you make and
drink tea, what is the use and meaning of the baobab.